• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fuel tank mystery

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

JBROWETT
Mate
Mate
Home Port: MARBLEHEAD OHIO

fuel tank mystery

Post by JBROWETT »

Just bought boat and seller doesnt know well. There is a double throw toggle and seem to be a big tank that is hooked to smaller tank mid ship in front of it but can only find 1 sender unit in the back of big tank. Son said that switch worked before in both positions but now only works in 1. there is 2 vents i believe for gas tank but only 1 fill spot. He also stated his dad blew air in the vent once when it wasnt working and that fixed problem. That didnt work. Bought boat off of son of late father and he dosent know much about. Im learning everything from scratch. Son states it is a 135 gallon total tank. Cant find any manual about fuel tanks for 1997 albin te. also this is one of the few albins produce with the I/O i believe ther was only 12 made from my research.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: fuel tank mystery

Post by DougSea »

I'm guessing there was an option to add an additional tank to the I/O boats similar to that that could be added to the traditional engine box models.

Fuel sender wires should be pink, so you can start by looking for those. Also the fuel tanks will have a capacity plate somewhere on top so you might want to look for those.

Regardless, unless there's some type of manifold to control which tank you draw from, it sounds like you have in effect just one large tank and therefore a single fill and sender would make sense. Also, each tank would be vented as they would be connected together at the bottom and would trap air if not individually vented. My 35 has three 125 gallon tanks but they are all plumbed together and act as one big tank.

Take some pictures (posting instructions are in the pictures forum) and let us help you solve your mysteries!

Best of luck with the new boat and welcome to AOG!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
JBROWETT
Mate
Mate
Home Port: MARBLEHEAD OHIO

Re: fuel tank mystery

Post by JBROWETT »

Thanks doug that makes pecfict sense i am go to check that out tommorrow. thanks again for response

Return to “Albin Maintenance”