• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Filter Hurth V Drive 630 V Albin 28

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Filter Hurth V Drive 630 V Albin 28

Post by Froggy »

Does anyone know where to source a transmission filter for a Hurth 630 V Drive? I ordered an received one from Hale Marine that is supposed to fit a 630 drive but the hole on one end is too small and, of course, l threw out the old filter.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Filter Hurth V Drive 630 V Albin 28

Post by jleonard »

Make them send you a replacement.
When I had a Hurth (10 years ago) there was a dealer in Bridgeport,Ct where I got my filter. Don't recall the name of the place.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I believe Hale sells an aftermarket which is not an exact replacement but should fit, small hole up?

Here's one, just call to make sure it's OEM
http://www.marinepartssource.com/newdet ... 3312199031
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Froggy »

Hi Rob,

Small hole won't fit over the o-ring on the screw down cap. Large hole is fine but then small hole won't fit over the grommet at bottom. Strange. I'm going to give Hale a call.

I was an idiot for heaving the old filter but I guess I've done dumber things.
Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Froggy »

As a follow-up to the filter story, I spoke with CHris at Hale who said that the filter they carry " ZF number 3312199031 Fits HSW 450-630-800 Filter Kit also Fits ZF63-85 Transmissions 463-772" has been unchanged since 1986 and is the OEM part. I thus went back to Froggy and, following his advice, tried to tap the filter assembly down with a rubber mallet. No luck. The top stills ticks up.

For yuks, I ordered the MMD-463772 kit from Marysville Marine Distributors and when it came, it turns out that the holes on each end are the same. THis contrasts with the ZF one where the holes are two different sizes.

Thus, even though they are the same fitment reference, the parts are different and the one from Marysville is actually the correct one for the 92 ZF 630V in Froggy.

Carl
fredfryguy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wilmington, NC- summer. Stuart, Fl- winter

Hurth V Drive 630 V Albin 28 fluid capacity?

Post by fredfryguy »

Anyone know the fluid capacity of the 630v when you change the fluid? After I emptied mine it only took less than 2 1/2 qts? Is this normal? Anyone know where you get a operating for these transmissions? Thanks so much.
Fred
Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Froggy »

Capacity is 5 quarts. Here is reference link:http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Servmanl/16/16D8R2.PDF
fredfryguy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wilmington, NC- summer. Stuart, Fl- winter

Post by fredfryguy »

Groggy, Thanks so much the link to the Hurth 630 V transmission PDF manual. I search Google for 2 days trying to find one, no luck! Like it has been said many times this Aog website is invaluable! This link should be added to the tech tab on this site.
Thxs, Fred
Ps I did everything wrong!
:D

Return to “Albin Maintenance”