• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2 happiest days, not for me

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

2 happiest days, not for me

Post by Panhdjoe »

Sold Kippy Girl yesterday our family cruiser, Jeff our fellow AOG member motored away with her. We had 3 1/2 years of great memories a lot of work and many happy moments. Janet and I both felt sad when we drove away. We are looking forward to our next boat.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Re: 2 happiest days, not for me

Post by slimjim »

thats a bad mixed feeling when you watch the buyer of your boat drive away with her. I remember my 1st boat that I bought new in 1990 it was a 23ft sea ox, I loved that little boat and fished it a lot with my brother, Dad and family,

then the day came when I had to sell her, 8 years latter in 1998 a very nice man gave me full asking price and I watched him drive away with her.

I was sad and I still miss that little boat. I understand how you feel.
JeffScott92
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston

Post by JeffScott92 »

Joe,
We appreciate you parting with her and wish you luck with your search. She is a great boat. Motored around the Wando Saturday, spent Saturday night in a creek behind Sullivan's Island, got up early to see the sunrise at Capers Inlet and had the rest of the extended family meet us out there for the day. She is just what we were looking for. Hope to see you out here with a 36.
Jeff
WaterLover
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Folly Beach, SC

Post by WaterLover »

Joe!
Congrats and so sorry about the sale of Kippy Girl. You wouldn't happen to be the father of a lovely young lady Marie (a fantastic friend of mine)? Marie has been mentioning you to me as we both have a love for boating and Albins. Please feel free to contact me to come see my 37' Albin out at Mariner's Cay Marina. Marie has all my info.
Best,
Annie
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Panhdjoe »

Thank you Jeff and Thank you Annie, yes I am the proud father of Marie! Janet and I would love to see your boat and meet you, it may be a few weeks til we are down to Charleston. hope to see you then....Joe
1983 36 classic
WaterLover
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Folly Beach, SC

Post by WaterLover »

Joe!
Look at the lovely lady I saw at Water's Edge on Shem Creek last Friday night! Kippy Girl was out for a night on the town. Thought of you.
Best,
Annie
Kippy Girl.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Panhdjoe »

We looked at a 43 a week ago in Beaufort, the hunt is on.
1983 36 classic

Return to “General Discussion”