• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

I would like to see a 28te on the Great Lakes

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Knot Awake
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ludington Mi

I would like to see a 28te on the Great Lakes

Post by Knot Awake »

I live in Bay City Michigan and I am interested in purchasing a 28te either a flush Deck or a Engine cover version. I just sold my 30 pursuit with a 12 foot beam and would like a smaller boat that is more economical to salmon fish with, yet still comfortable to stay on on the weekends with, and this boat seams to fit the bill perfectly, but I can't locate one in any of the marina's I've been too. If you have one I would just like to see the boat even if its not for sale. I would appreciate just being able to view the boat from the dock. Please send me a pm or post a response with your info I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff
Nowhere Special
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Catawba Island, Lake Erie

Re: I would like to see a 28te on the Great Lakes

Post by Nowhere Special »

How far are you willing to travel? Is Cleveland, Oh. too far?

Dave
Dave
1999 28TE Aba Daba
Knot Awake
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ludington Mi

Post by Knot Awake »

I may be in that area the weekend of August 3rd/4th. I'm surprised that there isn't more of these boats on the Great Lakes.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Knot Awake wrote:I'm surprised that there isn't more of these boats on the Great Lakes.
I know we have a number of members who are on the Great Lakes, and there are certainly plenty out there who may not be AOG members. (Crazy but true!!)

That said, not everyone reads all of the posts in each section, and many people may not visit for weeks at a time, especially "in season". You might add a second post in the TE section, and possibly change your subject to "I'd love to tour your 28 on the Great Lakes - I'll bring beer!"

I did see two great lakes 28's on YW. Here's one: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1993/Al ... d9jK0Fwq8A

She's a 1993 but looks ok in the pictures and would give you an idea of how the boats are laid out. With the exception of some of the later FD models the various boat years are very much the same, with of course different upgrades, electronics, and owners touches.

Best of luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “General Discussion”