• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Door Stopper Help For Wheel House Albin 28TE Where to Buy?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Door Stopper Help For Wheel House Albin 28TE Where to Buy?

Post by slimjim »

So I was fishing in bad weather 30 miles off shore a few days ago and broke my wheel house door stopper, anyone know where I can buy one fast? Thanks, Jim
photo.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: Door Stopper Help For Wheel House Albin 28TE Where to Bu

Post by joe.baar »

Jim,
These are at West Marine, their model number 256982, Perko # 0935DP0CHR. Outrageously expensive at $22.99 per, maybe look on Craig's List or at any other local marine hardware store. BTW, they're called "Sliding Window Stop" in the WM catalog, under "Cabinet Hardware".
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slimjim »

joe.baar wrote:Jim,
These are at West Marine, their model number 256982, Perko # 0935DP0CHR. Outrageously expensive at $22.99 per, maybe look on Craig's List or at any other local marine hardware store. BTW, they're called "Sliding Window Stop" in the WM catalog, under "Cabinet Hardware".
Joe, Thanks soo much!! That door has been driving me nuts on my last 3 fishing trips.
halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: EDENTON, NC

Post by halfmoon »

How about the rubber stops at the outside end of the doors track. The bottom stop is destroyed.
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slimjim »

halfmoon wrote:How about the rubber stops at the outside end of the doors track. The bottom stop is destroyed.
Mine are gone as well, people slide the door too far and the round rubber stoppers rip off out of the screws. I need 2 of them as well but have no idea where I would get them.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

halfmoon wrote:How about the rubber stops at the outside end of the doors track. The bottom stop is destroyed.
I'm pretty sure these guys: http://www.americanmarine.com/productguide.html made my sliding door. They don't list a stopper on line but a quick call might get you somewhere.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

slimjim wrote:
Mine are gone as well, people slide the door too far and the round rubber stoppers rip off out of the screws. I need 2 of them as well but have no idea where I would get them.
Aluminum 2000 a Bomar / Pompanette Co. made the 28TE. sliding door. Two size rubber stoppers are available on the parts page online. Be sure to get the larger size and your troubles will disappear. Replaced both top and bottom a short time ago. Anything you need that is not listed can be found by calling customer service in NH. They will connect your call to a guy in PA who is super helpful.

9 seasons aboard Pitou has had me touch and research almost everything aboard!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slimjim »

Thanks everyone, I was able to pick up the window stop (for my sliding door) at West Marine it was a perko brand and with using my port supply card it was $13.89.

I found the rubber "Round Bumper" Part Number 30-1011 For the back to keep the door from sliding too far to the port side of the boat. I only found one size of the Round Bumper at 1" They were $5 dollars each Again thanks for everones help. Jim

Return to “Albin Maintenance”