• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel tanks

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Komreddi

Fuel tanks

Post by Komreddi »

Does anyone know where I can locate new fuel tanks to replace the ones on my 1983 albin Sundeck ?I am cutting the side out of the boat to remove the old ones.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Fuel tanks

Post by jleonard »

Lots of places make tanks. Contact your local marinas to get contact info.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Komreddi wrote:...I am cutting the side out of the boat to remove the old ones.
That seems rather extreme! :shock:

I can't see messing with a large fiberglass repair, hull integrity, even possible reduced resale value. I though I'd read posts about cutting old fuel and or water tanks apart for removal, and then getting new tanks that would fit through a door, window or hatch. Is this not an option for some reason? Just wondering.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mudskipper »

Oh please think about that cutting fibergass stuff. I have a 40 ft 1988 Sundeck. The marina drained my monster big original steel tanks , and cut 'em up and removed them in a day. They removed all old original fuel lines and put in two good poly tanks , with proper CG fuel lines and returns , vents , and all right and proper. I am not storing a large amount of old fuel and with two fords I can sure go two long days plus without fueling. I am near Sandy hook NJ fuel docks are all over. I think Albin thought we were gon' up the Zambeezy river with these boats. I have large "day tank" too , not active, could hold another 50 to 80 gal? What area are you in and how big is your sundeck? Jay
Komreddi

Post by Komreddi »

I am in the north east in the maritime s of Canada, I got the port side tanks out today in about 4 hrs. One thing I am not is afraid of a little work and for those of you that think cutting into the hull of a boat is scary , don,t do it. But if you really need to remove rusted fuel tanks I will say just do it. Or have someone who can do it.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”