• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hull Paint

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hull Paint

Post by Yearwood »

After using poly glow for a number of years it is getting time for a paint job on the blue hull. Have an estimate for almost $9,000. Anyone care to recommend a good contractor close to Annapolis?

28' TE 2001
Don Y.
Don
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hull Paint

Post by Halcyon »

Hartges Yacht Harbor in Galesville painted my 35 two years ago for less than that. Nice job. They have a great paint building. I also got pricing from the marina on the NW tip of Rock Hall. They too have nice facilities and do excellent work.
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

Don, how long did the poly glo last? My green hull looks like someone sprayed white paint on it from a distance.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

Max

We have been using polyglow for perhaps 5 years. The white gets a little worse each year on the side exposed to the sun. The other side looks ok. I suspect we could put a lot of elbow grease into removing the build-up, do some more wet sanding and bring it back.
Don

Return to “Albin Maintenance”