• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sherwood impeller

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Sherwood impeller

Post by amber jj »

Does anyone know if 17000k is the correct impeller kit for Sherwood raw water pump on a 370 Cummins?
I called Cummins Eastern Canada today and the price they gave me for our engines serial # was over 175 dollars.Ouch.Made me want to have a cigarette.Any suggestions as where to purchase a couple of new ones?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Sherwood impeller

Post by Pitou »

That's the right part number for the original Sherwood pump impeller. The price you got is way out of line. I picked one up locally this spring for $75.00. Even West marine gets about $95. Cummins will always be way more expensive, but that's nuts! The impeller is not proprietary to Cummins. Try a local chandlery. I can also pick-up Fleetguard filters locally for about 60% of what Cummins Northeast charges.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

I went searching online and found marine pump direct has the 17000k in a 2-pack for $105.00.Quite a difference.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

http://www.genosgarage.com/

Try here for Fleetguard filters. This is where the Dodge/Cummins truck guys buy and their prices are pretty good.
The oil filters are the same numbers....the fuel filters are not as most of the truck filters have water sensor capability.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Clint
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Severna Park Maryland

Post by Clint »

Look on the impeller plate. My boat has the pump type stamped on the plate. Go to bob AT niemiecmarine.com for great service and cheaper pumps.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”