• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Owner's Manual?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Total_Blarney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jacksonville, FL

Owner's Manual?

Post by Total_Blarney »

My friend and I just bought a 1998 TE powered by a 2008 Yanmar 315 HP. When we met the owner he said that the former owner didn't give him an owner's manual for the boat - although he did have much information about the engine. Does anyone know if there is / was an owner's manual available for Albin TE :? Thanks for any and all replies. By the way, we LOVE the boat :D
Dick Jones and Gerry Maloney
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Owner's Manual?

Post by Pitou »

Welcome aboard!

Find your way into the document library for some drawings by Albin. Everything installed has their own instruction / maintenance manuals. Shout out if you need something. Someone may have just what you need.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Re: Owner's Manual?

Post by dkircher »

Dick and Gerry,

Welcome to the Albin Owners. They are great boats!

We have 1998 28TE also, in our case with a Cummins 330 HP.

To my knowledge, boats don't come with comprehensive owners manuals like cars. I have had several smaller boats with manuals that are so "generic" they aren't helpful since they tend to cover multiple boat models.

As I am sure others will tell you, the best way to deal with this is to assemble your own manual from the individual equipment manuals that came with the boat or for equipment that has been added. We have two loose leaf notebooks with every imaginable manual (bow thruster, windless, engine, transmission, head, etc, etc.). So if you are missing anything, let us know and as mentioned in another post, check out the technical document section of AOG

And again, welcome!
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner

Return to “General Discussion”