• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

PITOU has been SOLD

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

PITOU has been SOLD

Post by Pitou »

Sailed through survey without issue, the wire hit the account and PITOU will be on her way to Tiburon, CA on Paradise Cay within a week or so. Happy, but sad :D / :cry: ... 9 great summers. Knowing she'll be at her own private dock and there are 2 excited kids waiting sure does help. The new owner has been lurking and I'm sure and hope that he'll be joining in on AOG soon.

The Albin was one great boat and the memories will live on forever. :wink:

On to the next adventure .... :?:
Last edited by Pitou on Sat May 18, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: PITOU has been SOLD

Post by Nancy »

Welcome, new lurking owner! You got a great boat!

Kevin, congratulations! What's next?
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Kevin,
Congratulations on the sale and new owner welcome to AOG.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Post by slimjim »

Kevin, I fish over that way a lot and I am sure I will se her out my way as I am on the SF bay and ocean almost everyday. So I will report back to you how she is doing.

Someone got a great boat and I am sure a very fair deal. If she had been on the west coast she would have been mine awhile ago. CONGRATS. Can't wait to see your next boat. Jim
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Nancy wrote: Kevin, congratulations! What's next?
Not exactly sure yet, but after 9 seasons on the Albin I'm hooked on the single screw diesel with a keel. We're leaning in the direction of a 34 - 36 ft. single screw full keel downeast hull with a flybridge.

This all started in pursuit for a permanent berth and the Albin 31 TE named Nomad which an AOG member beat me to the punch by about 7 days. After losing out on that hull the search options expanded. Being pretty fussy, this could take awhile. :lol: We just might get some yard work done this summer! :roll:

I'll still be checking in and offering what I can. I've enjoyed the fellowship of the AOG as it has developed into a great group of loyal and helpful owners. This will be impossible to replace. :wink: Thanks John!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Kevin,

Such a melancholy day! Pitou served as inspiration for many of my upgrades and modifications. I'm sure it wasn't easy to see her go, but I'm sure you'll find a great replacement, there are many wonderful designs out there.

(And I have to say - the 35TE is darned nice!!)

Best of luck!!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

Kevin I know of a 35TE up here in Canada on Lake Erie.It is clean as a whip,well maintained,stored inside in the winter,and respectively low hours.Oh yes,100% fresh water.You can check it out on Jack Pady's marine website.(Howard can vouch for Jack).Just think of the great trip back down the Erie canal while you are bringing her home.
Congrats on the sale,and all the best on your next adventure.Bob &val
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Post by irishwake »

Congratulations on the sale of Pitou! I was out yesterday on Irishwake (Nomad), and had another great day on the water. After owning the 2 previous 28 TA's I just can't believe how much more I like the 31TA. I hope you find one in the future, they are worth the wait. The ride is just fantastic. Good luck in your search.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Congratulations! All the best to you in your search for a new boat. Yes, the right one is worth waiting for!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
kirley
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: moss landing ca.

Post by kirley »

Congrats on the sale!!! The best two days of a boat owner and all that, BUT the 31TE is the best! Just yesterday ( as we were draging the ocean for the only salmon left ) the Admiral mentioned, sure would like to see a 35TE!! No rest for the wicked!?! Hope you and your first mate find the perfect ride, and thanks for all the info along the way, BEST OF LUCK!
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Re: PITOU has been SOLD. Get A-List

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Congrats on the sale, Kevin. How about all you guys looking for the bigger boat for fishing or cruising, take a look at A-List in the sale forum or as a 35' Albin Flybridge, 2002 TE, on Yachtworld. We have sold the house and now need to move it to a commercial marina. BIG price reduction and if the funky stairs to the Flybridge bothers you, I will replace them with the standard ladder. Davits for the dinghy, lots of new stuff. I would even deliver it to the Chesapeake under the right contract (did that cruise once and loved it). PM me or call before we move on 6/26 (727-623-0871)

Return to “General Discussion”