• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Captain Side Window leaking bad in sloppy Seas

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Captain Side Window leaking bad in sloppy Seas

Post by slimjim »

I was out on a fishing trip yesterday and it was sloppy,choppie windy and we took a ton of spray on my stb side for 20 mile run, had my stb side sliding window shup all the way, but could not stop the sea water from pouring in has anyone else had this problem and is there an easy fix?

I had to take a towel to try and stop or plug it with little help. Looks like I will have to put something in the outside rail, as the water is sliding down the rail of the bottom of the window and pouring in on ME! HELP. Thanks for any replys.
jms02050
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Captain Side Window leaking bad in sloppy Seas

Post by jms02050 »

Are you missing the window gasket?
window_seal.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jim S.
2003 28 TE - Full Circle
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Does the captain have a raincoat? Lol
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Post by slimjim »

lol yes i have rain gear. I do not have the window gasket> where can i buy one? Thw water is coming down the bottome rail and looks like there is a gap in the corner where the water races, there is 3 outside drains slats, but the water is pouring into the gap. I will take a picture and re post thanks tho.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”