• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

BLUE VALVE BY HOLDING TANK

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

BLUE VALVE BY HOLDING TANK

Post by slimjim »

Trying to figure out how to pump out my holding tank when I am off shore in the ocean. The blue valve from my mac pump moves two ways, all the way to the left towards tank and hull and all the way to the right towards the pump/middle of the boat.

Can someone tell me the way to aim it to pump out tank when I am off shore? I have moved it both ways and turned on my pump, but see no movement of level in my holding tank, I hear the pump but cannot tell if its pumping out? Thanks for any help, slim
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: BLUE VALVE BY HOLDING TANK

Post by RobS »

Start with the thru hull that sends the waste overboard. Back track the sanitation hose until you get to the Y valve. Look closely at the Y valve, there should be arrows printed on the face of the valve body. When you move the handle it reveals the arrows that show the flow direction in that particular position. The arrows can be tough to see if you do not know they are there..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

Is it possible that the overboard discharge fitting has not been used for sometime and the outlet may be clogged with waste or dead wildlife?
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slimjim »

okay, I will back tract the thru hull back to the y valve and look for the arrows. Looks like the thru hull is under the helm and does not go out the side of the stb hull. Thanks again for all help and replys.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

slimjim wrote:okay, I will back tract the thru hull back to the y valve and look for the arrows. Looks like the thru hull is under the helm and does not go out the side of the stb hull. Thanks again for all help and replys.
100%, It's under the helm.
Certainly not plumbed to a fitting through the hull side!
It may have had the handle removed if the boat was for inland or inshore use only.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

2 valves on Pitou. One in the head ... Pushing the blue handle up / outboard sends the head directly overboard / pulling it in an inboard direction sends it to the holding tank. The valve under the helm ... Pushing the blue handle towards starboard is for pump out and inboard sends the tank contents through the macerator.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slimjim »

thanks guys for your help. I will try and get this figured out soon. I hope!! :)

Return to “Albin Maintenance”