• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Need help with Algrip Color

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Rjmycock
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cotuit, MA

Need help with Algrip Color

Post by Rjmycock »

Need help in determining what algrip color is closest to the original green used on my 2004 Albin 31 TE. Kingman Marine in Cataumet, Ma sprayed my boat this week using Jade Mist Green and when I went to look at it the Jade Mist Green under bright lights appeared very light in color. Unfortunately for Kingman the finish did not come out to their liking and they are going to redo the job, much to their credit they told me what happen before I saw the boat and althrough it wasn't to bad a job it wasn't good enough for them. I still have a chance to go with a darker algrip green which would be "Dark Green". I would appreciate any information that is available. I really like the original color green which under different light looks blue and would like to come as close as possible to the original green used by Albin.

Thanks for any information that is out there.
Ronald Mycock
Cotuit, MA
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Re: Need help with Algrip Color

Post by slimjim »

my albin is dark green and we love it. Everyone says they love the color as well.
denchen
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Boston UK

Re: Need help with Algrip Color

Post by denchen »

Here on the other side of the pond to you guys, many old fishermen consider green a colour (we spell it different) that will bring bad luck, and will not go to sea with anything that is green. Also if they see a pig, yes a pig, on the way out, they will do a U turn and come back in and usually head for the nearest bar to calm their nerves.

Return to “General Discussion”