• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Potential new Albin 27FC owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Tekie

Potential new Albin 27FC owner

Post by Tekie »

Hi All,

Currently own a Pearson 365 ketch (Hull #1) but am seriously looking at selling her and purchasing an Albin 27 FC. Has anyone made the switch from a larger sailboat to a 27 FC? The original plan was to use the Pearson to do the loop, the Keys, and occasionally a trip to the Bahamas. The wife is uncomfortable handling the Pearson...too big she says. I am sure the 27 FC will work quite well for the loop and the Keys but am not sure about running out to the Bahamas. Comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Re: Potential new Albin 27FC owner

Post by JFOkie »

Jim,

I went to the "dark side" (sailing) for four years and had a 27' sloop. It was a great boat, but my wife didn't care for the slow ride or all of the lines. Sold it in the fall of 2011 and purchased an Albin 27 FC and love it. Best of all, my wife loves it! So I didn't have the larger sailboat, but the Albin is a wonderful vessel. If you have the canvas cockpit enclosure, all the better; it's like having a living room!

Hope you get some feedback regarding the Bahamas, I would love heading out that way. Of course it would be a long trip from New Hampshire...

Regards,

John
"Nirvana"

Return to “New Member Introductions”