• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Nav light lenses

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

valtrent

Nav light lenses

Post by valtrent »

Can one of you point me to a place where I can buy new nav light lenses for the 31 TE? Pt and STBD only. One fell off in shipping and one fell off transiting the locks here in Seattle. :x
Fisheries Supply here has some that look like ours but are not.

Thanks for any help. That was pretty much the only damage shipping up from Virginia.

Val Trent
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Re: Nav light lenses

Post by amber jj »

Our 2000 31TE are Aqua Signal 41 series.WE got ours from Defender Marine.Good Luck
valtrent

Post by valtrent »

Thanks very much. I think our local store has those.
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

Got mine for our 28TE from defender as well....much better price than local West Marine. Good Luck
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Post by joe.baar »

Consider replacing both lights entirely with new (properly sealed) LED equipment less subject to moisture damage; or even moving them to the wheelhouse top where the don't get doused by every wave. The rewiring isn't that big a deal. One more design issue with these boats.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
valtrent

Post by valtrent »

joe.baar wrote:Consider replacing both lights entirely with new (properly sealed) LED equipment less subject to moisture damage; or even moving them to the wheelhouse top where the don't get doused by every wave. The rewiring isn't that big a deal. One more design issue with these boats.

Good point. Haven't bought them yet and the price differential isn't that much.
Thanks much.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

If I were in your position needing to replace one I would go LED as well. Hella Marine makes a port and starboard similar in size to the old Aqua Signal.

Here is a link to them at Defender: http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... &id=586109
Hella Starboard LED.jpg
Hella Port LED.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I installed the LEDs depicted by Kevin. Love 'em but they are not cheap. Search my posts with keyword led if you want to see one installed
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
denchen
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Boston UK

Post by denchen »

If your lenses fell out I would not bother finding a new lens as would not this be liable to fall out as well. Far better to dig a bit deeper in your pocket now and fit some good new lights. As for LEDs some of the guys on my side of the pond have mixed opinions, no lamps like salt water but some of the guys say LEDs really hate the stuff. If you will have a motor running or not going long distances it might be worth considering is it worth the extra cost against the energy saved.
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Anthony1013 »

Replaced all the exterior lights with LED's 2 years ago..... money VERY well spent!!!
28' Albin "MadMoney" in Ilwaco/Seattle
CCA Member & PSA Sno-King Member

Return to “Albin Maintenance”