• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Off to Bimini (by airplane)

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Off to Bimini (by airplane)

Post by Legacy »

Anyone know a good inshore and a good offshore guide in Bimini? Heading down in 2 weeks. Thx.
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: Off to Bimini (by airplane)

Post by Veebyes2 »

Sorry I am going to miss you. Heading over by boat, not an Albin, first weather chance this weekend or early next week from Ft La Di Da.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

For flats fishing Bonefish Tommy Sewell is good. I think Al Sweeting at the Seacrest marina does offshore trips. Wahoo are probably running. Enjoy!
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

Check with Brent? and Joanie at the Thirsty Turtle. He has a dive and fish concession as well as is the owner /manager of the TT Yacht Club. Great people. Also try over at the Bimini Sands/Marina/Condo etc. There are a couple of young folks (younger than me!) who run a sight seeing/kayaking venture and they know everybody. All of this is on S Bimini. Where do you plan on staying? There are some great people on the North island but it is very congested and well if you haven't been to Bimini before it is the outback of the Bahamas. However I love it and have been down three times in the past three years for extended stays. On the North island there is a big concession/resort called Bimini Bay. It is expensive and well that is not what I go for. Nice looking place however. Didn't mean to get long winded but if you need anymore info let me know and I will dig out some info on the place.
Enjoy your trip!
James
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Post by Legacy »

Thanks gents. This is my first trip to Bimini but have been to the Bahamas quite a bit. (Abaco, Exumas, etc) so I thinnk I know what to expect. It was my wife's idea to go there - - she thought it sounded exotic. I bit my tongue, and started thinking about which rods to pack! We're staying at the Bimini Bay Beach Resort, they had a pretty good offer. Getting out to Bimini proved to be much more expensive than planned. Appreciate the tips. Hopefully posting photos of lots of fish! Kayak trip booked as well. Can't wait, having a monsoon here in Boston. Time to head south. Cheers.
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"

Return to “General Discussion”