• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shipping Albin 28 to San Francisco

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Frank13
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Sausalito

Shipping Albin 28 to San Francisco

Post by Frank13 »

I am a new member and have been wanting an Albin 28 for several years. There seems to be very few boats out west. If I buy an east coast boat would anyone happen to know best shipping options and general cost from Maine or Florida? I'm in SF bay area and there are very few boats.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Shipping Albin 28 to San Francisco

Post by whwells »

Welcome Frank to AOG: You will have few problems bringing a 28te Ablin out. The single most important thing is your shipper search. It is fair to say thier are all types out there. Surprised you have not found one over in the East Bay area near you. I have seen several 28's posted forsale. Recall there was a red hull that really looked nice awhile back. Have seen several shipped out. Generally the only prep. work on the outside is removal of radar/ and perhaps dropping the radar arch and tieing down good. We have at least 3 up near me in Brooking, Or. they are moved on a trailer annually even across some narrow roads like Hwy 199. Tie anything moveable on the inside down well. Of course your seller and shipper can help with those things.

My 35te Sportfisher flybridge came from Georgian Bay, Canada near Tronto summer before last. We choose to ship across Canada to Richmond near Vancouver. It required removal of the upper station which is a chore. The good news is the Albin dealer there who had originally installed it from the factory shipment did a great job and put me in touch with an equally qualfied installer in Richmond. It came though without a single stratch related to the R&R of the upper station.

I do know where there is an excellent 31 Albin with twin yanmar's in So. Cal. forsale but not currently listed that I am aware of. It is reasonably priced. Send me a private note if that size is of interests.
That one you could ship up or in good weather consider bring up the coast. I am located in Trinidad about 6 hrs drive north of you.
We have a NW Rendevous schedueld for Sept. Consider coming up as you could meet owner's of 28', 31, 35 and 36's along with some really nice 25 & 27 Classics and have a great time. You need not bring a boat or even be an Albin Owner - just one interesed.

You won't find a more sea worthy boat than the Albin's for the price. My only down side is the boat is all the way up in Puget Sound, Wa. However, the waters are to die for - no swells just wind waves and beautiful islands for really great cruising. We do have World Class Salmon fishing which I am missing having no local boat.

You will find as I have this is a great good of people to learn from and to share your ideas.

whwells "Howard"
2006 Abln Te Sportfisher/flybridge
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Frank: Pretty sure which 28 back east you have had an interested in. That us the best equipped with the Cummins and all the options you could find.
Understand shipping is expensive.
whwells "Howard"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Frank13 wrote:I am a new member and have been wanting an Albin 28 for several years. There seems to be very few boats out west. If I buy an east coast boat would anyone happen to know best shipping options and general cost from Maine or Florida? I'm in SF bay area and there are very few boats.
As my 28 is for sale I've made a couple of inquiries to respected long haul boat transport outfits and got a low price of $ 2.90 / mile and a high of $ 3.20. Hope this helps.

If you haven't already checked out my 28TE, checkout the two links in my signature for more information. Remember, to see most attachments on AOG you must be logged in.

Welcome aboard.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Post by OldDemps »

Frank, I own and am looking to sell my 2000 Albin 28TE - JOKA. The boat is in Sausalito. call me at 678-6fourzero-55six1 or IM me here

I shipped my boat from Ohio to Pt Richmond 3 years ago for $5000. about 2000 miles and it made it in great shape. The bid ranged from $12K to $4200 when I was looking to ship it.
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Post by slimjim »

OldDemps wrote:Frank, I own and am looking to sell my 2000 Albin 28TE - JOKA. The boat is in Sausalito. call me at 678-6fourzero-55six1 or IM me here

I shipped my boat from Ohio to Pt Richmond 3 years ago for $5000. about 2000 miles and it made it in great shape. The bid ranged from $12K to $4200 when I was looking to ship it.
SENT YOU A PM
kirley
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: moss landing ca.

Post by kirley »

Well did you buy a local boat or what---We are waiting with baited breath---or is that, our breath smells like bait!?!

Return to “General Discussion”