• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

How do I find out transmission reduction ratio '95 28 TE?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

randyb
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

How do I find out transmission reduction ratio '95 28 TE?

Post by randyb »

Hello Experts,
I'm getting my prop reworked and the shop asks the transmission reduction. I have a 28TE/Cummins 250 5.9 and cannot read the plate on the transmission. Any ideas/thoughts/references appreciated. Thanks!
-randy
-randyb
Vessel Sea Vee
1995 28' TE 5.9BTA Cummins
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: How do I find out transmission reduction ratio '95 28 TE

Post by Russell »

Not sure if this is any help but by 97 model came with a Hurth Marinebear transmission with a 1.4 ratio. The main thing is to get at least the rated RPM at wide open throttle with a fully loaded boat, 2600 in this case. If you tell them what you were getting they should be able to adjust the pitch to bring it into adjustment.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
randyb
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

Re: How do I find out transmission reduction ratio '95 28 TE

Post by randyb »

Thanks Russell! The only legible tag on the V-Drive is "Made in Italy". I'm getting 2550 out of the engine now. The prop is slightly dinged and cupped so I'm happy to get it cleaned up based on your comment. Thank you!
-randyb
Vessel Sea Vee
1995 28' TE 5.9BTA Cummins

Return to “Albin Maintenance”