• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Boat

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

New Boat

Post by irishwake »

Just took delivery on my fourth Albin. It is a 2002 31 Albin TE. I am really looking forward to getting out on the water in an Albin once again. I tried a Tiara for awhile, but it was not an Albin. That makes 2 Albins in my marina in Pensacola Florida.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: New Boat

Post by Pitou »

irishwake wrote:Just took delivery on my fourth Albin. It is a 2002 31 Albin TE. I am really looking forward to getting out on the water in an Albin once again. I tried a Tiara for awhile, but it was not an Albin. That makes 2 Albins in my marina in Pensacola Florida.
Congratulations and welcome back. 8) Did you take delivery of Nomad?
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by irishwake »

Yes I did! Went to south Florida and looked at 6 Albins and Nomad was by far the best one available. The owner was sad to part with it, and he kept it in excellent shape.Bottom paint and a new name and it is ready to go. The engine surveyor said it was the cleanest 2002 Cummins 450 he has ever seen. The boat surveyor said it was a very good buy. I could not believe the difference between my 28 and the new 31. Hope to be back in the water by saturday.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

irishwake wrote:Yes I did! Went to south Florida and looked at 6 Albins and Nomad was by far the best one available. The owner was sad to part with it, and he kept it in excellent shape.Bottom paint and a new name and it is ready to go. The engine surveyor said it was the cleanest 2002 Cummins 450 he has ever seen. The boat surveyor said it was a very good buy. I could not believe the difference between my 28 and the new 31. Hope to be ba. ck in the water by saturday.
Thought so. When that boat came on the market in September while she was still in Chicago I called the broker for a picture and he said he wouldn't have any until October when she would be shipped to FL. When she arrived in October he sent me some pics and I liked what I saw. Asked the broker if I Fed Ex'd him a check for $5,000 would he by gentlemen's agreement hold the boat for 3 days while I got on a plane from Boston. He said no way the used boat market is hot and that I needed to take my chances. I thanked him for not letting me become a 2 boat owner and passed. Called back 3 weeks ago ready play it his way and he shared she just went under contract and general survey was done and engine survey was to take place in a couple of days. He had the hook in my mouth in mid October and he let me shake it. 4 months later and she's yours.

Glad that she went to someone on AOG and I'm sure she will give you great cruising pleasure.

All the best - Kevin :wink:
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I was watching Nomad too and my heart sunk when I clicked on the bookmark the other day and it was gone. So congratulations to you. There may not be another one that good anywhere.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

This thread brings a sort of sidebar, how many of are multiple Albin owners?

My first was a 27AC bought new in 1986, kept till 2000, a pretty long spell for boat ownership. Current 32 is on market. No plans for immediate replacement but with current thoughts it could be a 27 sport or a 28.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by irishwake »

My first was a 25 Albin getaway with a Yanmar, nice boat but a little small. My second was a 1995 28 TE with a Peninsula, then a 2006 28 TE with a Volvo D6, and now the 2002 31 TE. I guess I have always been a Albin fan.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Happy to hear you are back in the Albin. The 31' may well be one of the best. It is of a reasonable size with lots of amenties.
Enjoy. Just curious what your previous Albins were? Welcome back to this great group of owner's & Albin interested people.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/flybridge.
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by irishwake »

See the post above yours
kirley
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: moss landing ca.

Post by kirley »

Congrats on your new boat!! Have to say, used your boat as a price mark to buy my 31, thank you Nomad!!! Happy days, my offer was accepted, just waiting for good weather for sea trial! Salmon season coming, need a bigger freezer! Best of luck!
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by irishwake »

Thank you! Hope you have a great sea trial. Let us know how you make out.
kirley
First Mate
First Mate

Post by kirley »

Sea trial was a huge sucess, never drove an albin before, nice surprise--- hull out and survey went great, looks like title changes hands next week, can't wait! Are you going to fish or cruise nomad?
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by irishwake »

I will do both. We have great fishing in this area, marlin, wahoo, red fish, grouper etc. I just finished installing outriggers etc for fishing. But we also like cruising and spending weekends in different areas. Glad everything went well for your purchase. Good luck!
kirley
First Mate
First Mate

Post by kirley »

Irish, how are you going to slow that beast down to troll, i'm looking at a trolling valve vs drift sock, beacuse it's not if, it's when you get it tangled with a fish/prop/tackle!
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by irishwake »

Most trolling in this area is 6-10 mph. The marlin and wahoo like it a little fast. I havn't had a chance to try it out yet, it is cobia season and I am going to try and get out next week if the weather permits. I have seen people drill holes in a 5 gallon bucket and use that to slow down the boat. Cheap and works great!

Return to “General Discussion”