• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ultra Max Fresh Water Pump

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

stevediebold
First Mate
First Mate

Ultra Max Fresh Water Pump

Post by stevediebold »

Anyone have any pressure issues with their fresh water pump? When I am connected to dockside water, the shower on my 2003 35 Command Bridge has good pressure and even flow of hot and cold. However, when the Ultra Max fresh water pump is on, there isn't enough pressure and there are surges or hot and cold. The only way to smooth out the surges is to also run the head sink to get the pressure up - a waste of water. Suggestions?
Chris & Dale

Re: Ultra Max Fresh Water Pump

Post by Chris & Dale »

We had a similar problem on Steel Hers and found that we had a small leak in one of the joints between the pump and the tank. I didn't like those type joints and replaced them. See old and new connection pictures below. This solved the problem and no problems since. No guarantee yours is a leak issue, but it sounds awfully familiar. Good Luck!
old connection.JPG
new connection.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Ultra Max Fresh Water Pump

Post by Pitou »

stevediebold wrote:Anyone have any pressure issues with their fresh water pump? When I am connected to dockside water, the shower on my 2003 35 Command Bridge has good pressure and even flow of hot and cold. However, when the Ultra Max fresh water pump is on, there isn't enough pressure and there are surges or hot and cold. The only way to smooth out the surges is to also run the head sink to get the pressure up - a waste of water. Suggestions?
To smooth out the surges and pulsation one of the compact accumulator tanks could really help out. I do know someone that put one in their 28 and they couldn't be happier. I keep threatening to do the same just to cut down on the surging noise of the pump which must run to push the water through the system when not on dockside water. When on dockside the city pressure moves the water through the system and your 12 volt pump does not kick in.

Shur Flo and Jabsco each have compact inexpensive accumualtor tanks available for under one hundred dollars.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “General Discussion”