• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Albin 65

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

New Albin 65

Post by powerboater56 »

I'm not sure how I got on an email list from <> Yacht Sales, but yesterday they sent me an email with information on a new Albin 65' North Sea Cutter they plan to manufacture in Taiwan. List price is $3,500,000. Not bad looking, patterned after the Albin 48 North Sea Cutter designed by Hunt. That was a great looking boat but I heard the aggressive deep-V made the boat a roller.

I dug into the <> web site and found a "history" of Albin that claims C&C are simply building Albin 28's under a license from Albin. For some reason I thought C&C bought and owned the rights and tooling to build the 28, 31, 35TE and 35 CB.

I was amazed to see <> Yacht Sales has a listing for a 2007 "new" demo Albin 45 Command bridge. That boat must be a super dog to have sat unsold for six years. The site also said Fred Peters is still actively involved with Albin. I thought he retired back when Albin closed up shop in Rhode Island.

Albin seems to struggle along in bare survival mode. Now Mainship may be revived. I wonder how David Marlow will make out with Mainship after buying the rights and tooling to the line? Mainship made some nice boats but also put out some odd ducks. The quality was no more than adequate from what I could see. I hope Albin can keep going -- I heard boat sales have been booming in NY/NJ after so many boats were wrecked by Hurricane Sandy.
John S.
Jamestown, RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Albin 65

Post by jcollins »

I dug into the <> web site and found a "history" of Albin that claims C&C are simply building Albin 28's under a license from Albin. For some reason I thought C&C bought and owned the rights and tooling to build the 28, 31, 35TE and 35 CB.

I was amazed to see <> Yacht Sales has a listing for a 2007 "new" demo Albin 45 Command bridge. That boat must be a super dog to have sat unsold for six years. The site also said Fred Peters is still actively involved with Albin. I thought he retired back when Albin closed up shop in Rhode Island.
That company has a lot to say about what is going on with C&C and Albin. it doesn't seem to matter if it's true or not.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”