• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

71 Albin 25 new member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

71 Albin 25 new member

Post by Mike Almvig »

Greetings,

Mike from Burlington Washington here. I have an Albin 25 that I have owned for several years now. It was first known as Raja and made its home in Olga, Washington on beautiful Orcas Island. Later in the early 1990's it was purchased by my father and its name was changed to Drifter. It then moved to Anacortes, WA where it currently calls home.

Been having a lot of fun working on it and learning all about the ins & outs of owning a 40 plus year old boat.

Mike A.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 71 Albin 25 new member

Post by DougSea »

Hi Mike, welcome to AOG! I'm guessing you know this particular 40 year old boat well. I'm sure it's like a good single malt, and gets better with time! ;)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

If I did this right... here it is :D
IMG_0461.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

You did it right!

She looks good. Kicker bracket on the transom?
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

Yep, but I have not used it. I really should put an engine on there just to have a backup. Never had a problem though once I get the diesel going.

I like the canvas as I can see out all directions. It also is quite the sun room.

This summer was a new shaft, bearings and a rebuilt prop. Now I have a rudder issue and am looking for options to deal with that. Never ends :)
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

An avatar and posting photos in your first thread. That's my kind of member. Keep 'em coming.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Mike. You're on the map!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Phoenix27
Mate
Mate
Home Port: portsmouth va.

Post by Phoenix27 »

Hello Mike I had to make a rudder support for the rudder on my boat which is an Albin25 a 1979 model .I used a pce of nylon block as I could not find the metal fitting that went on the skeg ,But I don't know what kind of rudder problem that you are having. herrendav@verizon.net Phoenix 27
Bo Pop Pop
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Lake Washington, WA

Post by Bo Pop Pop »

Let me add my welcome to you as well Mike!

I too own an Albin 25 of similar vintage and I hail from your neighborhood - Cornet Bay on Whidbey Island. I've owned "PaSha" for almost a year now and she's proven to be the most satisfying boat I've ever owned (and there've been LOTS over the years). I do like your high visibility canvas ('sunroom'), methinks I'll have the canvas experts add a window on each side for me this fall.

Glad to make your forum acquaintance here and hope we can meet sometime over coffee or lunch to swap Albin stories, questions & (maybe some) answers. Wishing you an enjoyable future with a delightful and capable little cruiser! :D

Pat M
It's always easier to stay found than to get un-lost.
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

Wow another Albin 25 owner close by... that is great!

My steering problem is the nylon steering clamp. I have seen it refered to as the sugar cube in these forums. It has disintigrated and I had to zip tie it in to steer the boat back to my slip. I have leads on the part. If I can get one, I plan to have some fabricated, as this will be harder and harder to find.

If I am successful, in gettting the part fabricated, I will post the solution on the AOG forum so that others Albin owners have another solution to a problem. I think that is a big reason to join this group... figure out how to make our beautiful vintage boats continue to shine!

So.... if I figure out how to manufacture that part, let me know if you or anyone else in AOG needs it... I will of course be happy to do the quality testing to ensure it works.

and coffee,lunch... that would be great!

Mike
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Mike Welcome to the Group. Wondering if your 25' is at Cap Sante Marina. Pat who is also owner of a 25 Bo Pop Pop response and I were looking at a 25' there. We had hoped then to find the owner for the Rendevous last July. You should find lots of help and advise on your 25'. However, with all those years in the family you are no doubt a pro already.
Would be happy to meet up with you. My Nibble's is located near you at Anacortes Marina D20. I am generally up in the area a week to ten days a month during the summer but less in the winter.

We are planning an informal lunch or dinner at the Seattle Boat Show likely on Feb 1 or 2nd. Would be a good time for you to meet up with some of the memebers. We would all enjoy seeing you there.
The plan in part is to get input on the Summer Rendevous both as to place and time.
Send me a personal message if you want to meet up with us there or before.
whwells "Howard"
Tahoma
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Great Loop

Post by Tahoma »

Mike, are you the same Mike I knew from ACCIS?

Jim Wilcox
Albin 27FC, "Tahoma"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Hi Mike: It looks like Jim and I both are waiting to hear back from you. My boat Nibble is still at Anacortes Marina but has been moved over to D19 which is a few feet longer.
Jim is a friend and from his comments it looks like you two may go back aways.

whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”