• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

6bta riser 5.9 250 turbo

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

6bta riser 5.9 250 turbo

Post by Gunny »

In the recent past someone had a riser for sale. If still available let me know as I am in the market for one.
Thanks,
Gunny
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Re: 6bta riser 5.9 250 turbo

Post by jprohan »

Gunny: if you have no luck, there is an outfit in Ft. Lauderdale that makes a riser with a "shower head" to cool the exhaust. It is stainless; the body is insulated; and the cooling water is introduced via a hose from the salt water loop, and sprays like a shower as the exhaust exits the riser. It eliminates the problem of normal risers: the jacket around the outside with tiny holes.
I had to repower because of a faulty riser doing too much damage to the engine; and when the new 6bta went in, I had one of these risers made for it. They are a little costly (I think I paid $1500) but they are worth it if you are going to kep the boat for a while. It virtually eliminates any worries about the risers jacket getting clogged.
Jim
jprohan1@yahoo.com
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gunny »

Thanks for the info, do you have a name or contact info? I was hoping to get mine rebuilt but the company said it was totally shot. They quoted a new one at $1800 and I put them on hold to do so0me looking around.Hopefully you can help with the info. Once again thanks and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Gunny
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I have a standard Cummins wet elbow for a 4 inch hose.
100 plus shipping.

Leonaj99. At. Yahoo.com
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gunny »

Is there a possibly a chance of pictures? These things can be weird in shape and such. Thanks
James
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Please look at my post in the classifieds for sale thread. I have pics. It is in great shape, never welded. I would not sell it if it were.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Post by jprohan »

Gunny: I can't remember the name of the place in Ft. Lauderdale; and I sold my 21 last May and the log book went with it. But if you contact Shearwater Marine in Stuart FL; they will know. They are the local Cummins people there, and quite good at everything they do. They had the riser made for me.
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gunny »

Thanks for the info. I will give them a call this week after everyone returns from the holiday. Mine is a weird length with opposing angles for the connections. I have found quite a few but usually too short or wrong angles. Oh well we will see what these folks can do.
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Post by jruesr »

I took my burned out exhaust over to these guys and the fixed my system. They copied my past system for fit and then told me why mine failed. They made corrections and then made me a perfect new exhaust system. It is three years old and is great. See attachments.

It was expensive. About 1800.00.

They make exhaust pipes that are 2 ft in dia and larger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gunny »

Thanks they are on my contact list for Wed. when everyone opens back up from the holidays. I had a similar quote from a company in Washington state and thought they were high. Guess not from you experiance. Oh well got to have it or my boat is of no use to me. Thanks again and have a great New Year.

Return to “General Discussion”