• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE A/C Return Vent & Filter

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Chris & Dale

28TE A/C Return Vent & Filter

Post by Chris & Dale »

I was wondering if anyone has changed out the return vent in the V-berth under the table with one that has some kind of slot on the backside that you actually put a filter in you can buy off the shelf at Walmart, Lowe's, etc.? Right now I'm having to ductape an oversized one to the back and don't like that arrangement. I researched here and found nothing. Sources and pictures would be most helpful. Thanks
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 28TE A/C Return Vent & Filter

Post by N4QC »

You might want to check out a crawl space vent grill from Home Depot. It measures approx 8 x 16 inches, is aluminum, and has a nylon mess screen across the back. By slitting the screen into an opening of about 4 inches, one can insert an air filter medium between the mesh and the back of the grill. The filter material is a standard vent filter which comes 12 pcs to a pack and is 4 x 12 inches in size. Only one slit is necessary as there is room to slide small pieces around (4 x 7”)…

I also used automobile vinyl door trim on the edges of the vent grill in order to gussie up its appearance.

My application was for an air intake filter when I converted my helm steps for use as an intake plenum in order to achieve a better air supply to the engine compartment on my 24 Getaway.

Grill was less than $2 and I forgot how much the package of filters were – not much. Gill was found in the building material section and the filters were in the air duct and register section. Don’t forget SS screws…

Food for thought,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”