• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

potato ladkes

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

potato ladkes

Post by mudskipper »

Good morning, I want to wish everyone a safe and fun set of holidays. Hanukkah Saturnalia Christmas or kwanza Boxing day or Potlatch . In the past some of my contributions have been silly inaccurate or possibly offensive. Well Kiddie Kiddies, I will make it all up by giving you my potato pancake reciepe. you will need a bottle of peanut oil a bag of yukon gold potatos an onion or three and rice flour [ we started using rice flour instead of matzo meal to add to pancake mix when one of my daughters went on the gluten bandwagon] it is tastier. salt shaker and pepper grinder. Grate the potatoes into a large bowl with a piece of cheese cloth stretched across it. wring out some of the liquid and then mix potato two tsps of rice flour or non gluten pancake mix grate in some onion and salt and pepper some. heat peanut oil in a skillet and have a good dark bottle of ale. Start putting dollops of mix in the pan, flatten so they cook sooner. AT this point everyrone nearby will be hanging around you waiting. When they [ladkes not people] are nice and brown put them on a few paper towels and hit with some salt and pepper. repeat ale and other steps. Add more oil as you fry. As to how much potato and onion to use you just suit your taste and number of guests. Jay on Aquarius. By the way I survived the storm in the water near Long Branch with many long lines tied to everything nearby. I have tried to stay " right" with Father Neptune and I hope that helped :roll:
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Re: potato ladkes

Post by Marcy K »

Dear Mudskipper,

I have never had potato ladkes before but you made them sound delicious - and making them a treat with the ale! Thank you for sharing. Cheers to all.

Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok
Pilots Point, Westbrook, CT
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA

Return to “General Discussion”