• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin admirer

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Robbr
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Destin Florida

Albin admirer

Post by Robbr »

Hi All,

My name is Rob. I live in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. I am a avid fisherman with a love for offshore fishing, especially Marlin fisherman. I joined the AOG because I have always admired the Albin design, so much so that if things play out like I'm hoping I'll start my search for 28' Tourney in the fall of 2013. I have never sat foot on one nor have I even seen one in person. With that said I have drooled over many pictures. The boats look like a solid, rough water boat with the luxary of the enclosed cabin and ample deckspace. Also, I personally think they look just cool as Heck!

I probably won't post too much as I'm not a big talker anyway. I look forward to reading the post and perusing the pictures. Good fishing to the fishing folks and fair winds and following seas to the cruisers.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Albin admirer

Post by jcollins »

Hi Robbr,
Welcome.
The boats look like a solid, rough water boat with the luxary of the enclosed cabin and ample deckspace. Also, I personally think they look just cool as Heck!
I couldn't have said it better. If you can make the Florida rendezvous you can check them out in person.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Post by thomaslong »

Rob,

I am a new Albin 28 owner myself. In case you are interested, there is a 2001 Albin 28 TE for sale in Orange Beach, AL. You can find the contact and details on Yachtworld.com.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome Robbr: You have good taste and will find the Albin to be everything you expect for a reasonable price. The 28', 31' & 35's all provide you a great boat with most of the amenties of far more expensive vessels. They are all very sea worthy and dependable. The twins can be tight to work on but that having been said it is worth while it to me to have twins at the dock for the larger models. The 28' with a bow thurster will do the same for you.
You should be able to get a ride and viewing from one of the members in your area. Just ask we are happy to help and share or experiences.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”