• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello from Alaska

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
neilensign
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ketchikan

Hello from Alaska

Post by neilensign »

I am a new owner of a 1985 Albin F/C with a Nissan LD-28 in Ketchikan Alaska.

I am the engineer and deck boss on an 82 foot patrol boat for the Alaska Wildlife Troopers.

I was wondering if anyone has a generator installed and if so where did they put it? I have a small Honda generator that I would like to use and was thinking about building a box for it.

Also, how many hours should I expect to get out of the LD-28 before I need to start thinking about a rebuild?

Thanks!

Neil Ensign
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Hello from Alaska

Post by DougSea »

Hi Neil, welcome to AOG.

If you haven't already try searching for the term "generator" in the A25/A27 forum.

There are also several folks who use the Hondas on a variety of boat types so you can also try searching across all of the forums.

Again, welcome!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG!
I carry the EU2000. When using, I keep it on the swim platform.
Here's an idea for your box
http://www.kshmarine.com/generator_box.htm
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Hello New Alaska Member. There are number of 25/27's Out West who maybe able to answer your queston on the gen. set.
I am not sure how much room you have but several have added the diesel heat system. Certainly putting the Honda gen. set out side will give you more room and safety.
I did install in the 35te the past winter a 3.5 Next Gen set diesel powered. They are available out of Flor. and a few dealers elsewhere. The good news is they are very small, quite, and dependable as well as affordable as diesel gen. sets go.

Hoping to get up your way to explore and fish during the next season or two. It is a long and expensive run for my boat but very high on my wish and get it done list.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”