• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cabin Heater

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Cabin Heater

Post by JFOkie »

Hello everyone,

I'm curious about what some of you use to heat your cabin. I've been looking at some of the heaters and there is a West Marine product that has good reviews, but draws 12.5 AMPS; the model is posted below.

WEST MARINE
Ceramic Cabin Heater
Model # 12858122
Price: $99 on sale

I have an Albin 27FC and could use some type of heater in the fall and early spring as I'm on the NH seacoast. Last Tuesday I slept onboard as I had an early haul out the next day. When I got up Wednesday morning, I could see my breath in the cabin......and had some ice topside....brrrrrr.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be great.

Regards,
John
"Nirvana"
rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Re: Cabin Heater

Post by rcwhite »

They work fine on shorepower.
When I wintered on the boat in Boston I used these style heaters. I didn't feel comfortable leaving them
unattended so it would take a bit to warm things back up but one on low was plenty for most nights
through the winter. Would use two to warm things up initially on cold nights.

We have a bus heater which works well enough warming the cabin in the eve when running but have
been thinking a diesel heater would be a nice addition some day.

Chris
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Cabin Heater

Post by whwells »

Heat us a safety & confort thing. My 35 stays in the water in the NW where it can get below freezing. I been using the cermaic type heat in the engine ciompartment/ as well as one above when on board. However, last year for staying aboard in the winter more was needed, Was able to install a webaso diesel water heat system that is wonderful.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “General Discussion”