• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Cockpit cushions for albin 28

tomdickey
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: castine, maine

Cockpit cushions for albin 28

Post by tomdickey »

Am looking to replace the worn out cushions which go about the cockpit ... the half-round ones you lean against ... also, the cushion over the engine cover. r, tom dickey, castine, maine
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: Cockpit cushions for albin 28

Post by Russell »

You can find local canvas shops or auto upholstery places that will redo your bolsters. If no one recommends a local place near you try a search under bolsters and you may find a good tip.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

OEM : Bristol Cushions. They made the coaming bolsters, helm seats, engine box cushions, cabin cushions & headliners in the past.
Here are a couple of prior threads;
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3033&p=18271&hilit=bristol#p18271

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4896&p=28848&hilit=bristol#p28848

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4889&hilit=bristol&start=15

After becoming water logged I removed my coaming bolsters 3 seasons back and have enjoyed a more open cockpit as a result. Really thought I would miss them, but have not. No broat bites / bruises as expected! :lol:

If I were to replace them I would most likely use a local source to save on freight and I'm sure cost.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Quite the opposite Kevin. Local guy wanted $1000 to $1200. Bristol was about $675 with shipping. No measuring for him, just called him and said I have a 28TE with a port door, need grey coaming bolsters. I went with bolt rope receptacles and install was not bad at all. Very happy with the product and my installation :D
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SpaceCoaster »

FWIW... I took my three coaming bolsters to two local (Merritt Island, FL) upholstery shops and they quoted $375 and $330 for re-doing them. They'll reuse the cushioning material, but all else is replaced. I seem to recall that it was 6 or 7 years ago that I had these originally redone and also refurbished the engine box cushion and vinyl cover for around $450 in total. A better deal, but maybe not considering that it was long ago.

Jorge
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Like Rob, I had Bristol Cushions redo my bolsters. (I'm lucky to live not that far from them and there is a very good restaurant nearby - The Country Inn). The replacement foam is an open cell that allows the water to drain out of the bolsters and air to circulate. They are much better than the original ones. Also, the back of the new bolsters is vented as well. The foam on my old bosters weighed a ton after the season and had turned green with algae growth.

I have had the new ones for a few years and no problems.

I also went with the rope track and installed it myself. If I can do it, just about anyone can.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”