• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Craig, are you out there???

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Craig, are you out there???

Post by tbnolin »

Wondering if anyone has seen or heard from Craig, JerseyNSC40? He was in Mantoloking, NJ.....I believe in the Manasquam Inlet. I sent him an email, but no response.
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Re: Craig, are you out there???

Post by Chuck Waygood »

There isno power up there, so probably no Internet/email service.
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Thanks Tom we are in Mantoloking which was among the worst hit in NJ. Fortunately we are on the bay side and had an unprecedented tidal rise but it only reached our garage and crawl space where the heating system is. The water was waist deep in street but I think we are only dealing with minor things. We left Monday around noon just in time. those who stayed in our neighborhood lost cars, even in their garages. Highlander rode it out well from what we have been told by a neighbor who stayed through the storm. I had 10 lines on her and had lines across the lagoon so she was suspended in the middle with lots of slack for the 10 foot surge. Our issue is access, we have not been told when we can return, left with very little! The bridge is damaged and the devastation North and South of us is incredible, not passable yet. There is a new inlet where ocean cut through. The fires were 1/2 mile away.
I am trying to find a boat ride over to pick up boat and get to marina for winterization. Marina does not have power yet and concerned over debris in water.
We are with our son and family in Phila and we are very lucky, others were wiped out we will probably be lucky to be able to live in our house in 6-8 months. We are inconvenienced and will have some losses but nothing compared to most especially Staten Island.
I googled, NOOA hurricaine Sandy NJ, and found a google earth like site that zooms in pretty close, was able to see boat, cockpit cover is still on I have a small floating dock for my kayak it is still there too!

God bless any Albin Owners north of us, thanks for checking Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Craig, what a great attitude and outlook! I hope you're able to get to your house soon, and that you'll find it not too badly damaged. Ditto on getting to the boat, and you're lucky, I'm sure, that your marina still exists.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Craig, very glad to learn you made it with little apparent damage and that your system for tying up Highlander worked well. A good lesson for all - make those lines as long as possible. Good luck in finding a boat ride back and we hope any damage is minimal.
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Hey there Craig!!!

Soooo glad to hear from you! We're happy that you made it through and had minimal damage. The people down here have said, "not too often we can pray for the northerners during a situation like this". We had an estimated 12 million in damage....and you wouldn't even know it!! Beach front properties in the water.

We're thinking of you two and hope all works out for the best. Brenda and I left a year ago on the 3rd for our trip south....kind of glad it was last year and not this year!

Take Care!

Tom
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “General Discussion”