• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

propeller

trailblazermc
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: San Carlos

propeller

Post by trailblazermc »

I have a 2006 Albin 28TE flush deck with a yanmar 315. Can anyone tell me the correct propeller size I should be running at sea level and my boat use is for fishing and cruising?
sweetwater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oakdale

Re: propeller

Post by sweetwater »

If all else is equal tranny wise, I have a 2005 flush deck with the yanmar and run a 19 x 19 4 blade prop. Not sure of the cup off hand but its mimimal.
trailblazermc
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: San Carlos

Post by trailblazermc »

Thank you so much, in the process of changing it.
rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Post by rcwhite »

We run a 19x18 cupped on our 2007. My understanding is this change was implemented to reduce the chances of overloading the enginge. The performance and economy impact is negligible based on other posts I have seen. We run a couple hundred RPM higher at the same speed with the smaller prop but seasonal average for 100hrs was about 4gal/hr this year. It does seem like it could be tweaked in the spring but by fall with a little growth it seems about right. Note, this is based on feel and the factory tac as I haven't used a photo tac to confirm.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

trailblazermc wrote:the correct propeller size I should be running at sea level ?
Sorry, but your propeller should be running below sea level. :lol:
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

As I was scanning the posts I came across these posts. I have a 98 28TE that was repowered in 2009, 315 yanmar. I changed props in the beginning of 2012 to a 18x17x3 Acme. The whole issue with props is to hit the numbers. Morse Diesel wants their engine, the 315 to hit 3900 rpm's., at WOT underload. I had the prop tweaked and the best I could hit was 3800. I cruise at 3000-3100 which is 20 + knots at less than 5 gallons per hour. I will be bringing the prop back for just a little more cup adjustment to hit 3900, once I am hauled. The biggest problem with props is changing them. UNless you are a member of the Sea Hunt family or a travle lift is readily available, it can be expensive.

Enjoy
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”