• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

AC issues

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

AC issues

Post by kjg1951 »

On a weekend cruise this weekend my AC was not producing a good water stream.. it was sporadic. So i shut it off Upon arrival at home trying to get the water to flow it ws ok for a short time and now the breaker keeps breaking off ... any thoughts ?? th
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford, Virginia

Re: AC issues

Post by ScubaPete »

Do you have a strainer between the seacock and the pump? Check to see that it is not clogged with debris. The unit can overheat without a steady flow of water and may have shut itself down or tripped a breaker if the compressor is overworking. You may also have some debris (grass/ plastic bag/ jelly fish/ etc) stuck in the intake under the boat.
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kjg1951 »

I think it may be the pump as the discharge line was very sporatic in coming out... I am going to try it again tonight.. BTW the ac unit is a Mermaid 6500 btu model 6... Sounds like the compressor was over heated and it did indeed shut itself off...
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

Sounds as if your strainer is clogged and the a/c is shutting down due to high pressure.
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kjg1951 »

I found ou it was the pump.. i disconnted the pump flip the breaker for the ac and it did not trip... Of course shutting it off right away... new pump on order.. thanks for your help

Return to “Albin Maintenance”