• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fuel calculations

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

byoung4653
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Grand Rivers, KY Green Turtle Bay Resort

fuel calculations

Post by byoung4653 »

I have a 36 ft. albin rear cabin with 2, 175 ga. capacity fuel tanks. I have the site tubes but no gauges that work. My question is, if my site tubes indicate 12 inches of fuel, what is the volume in gallons? I understand the tanks narrow at the bottom. We plan a long cruise the next 2 weeks and I want to burn much of the old fuel prior to a filling. Thanks

barry on "0 Regrets"
meridian
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Looper

Re: fuel calculations

Post by meridian »

Just discussed under Classic Trawlers on this website. You may want to check your measurements as I believe all the classics had 150 gal each side. If so, 12" is 50 gal remaining or 33%. 8" is 22 gal and 4" is 6 gal.
-------------------------------
Terry
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Re: fuel calculations

Post by jruesr »

To find out how many gallons your fuel tank holds just multiply the length x width x height and divide by 231. Dinensions in inches and result is in gallons. Try a height of one inch and use your length and width. This will give you the gallons for one inch on your gage.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”