• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Jump seat for a 31TE

Old School
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: NY,NY

Jump seat for a 31TE

Post by Old School »

Well we've had out 28TE, "Sea Dawgs", for a little more than a year now. There is plenty of room for my wife and I and the two little dogs. But you know the story... We're looking at 31TE's.

Question? Has anyone ever mounted a pedistal seat on the port side like the 28TE has? The "First Mate" likes to look out the windshield as she does on the 28.

Thanks,

Frank
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Re: Jump seat for a 31TE

Post by amber jj »

Last year on 1 of the listings there was a pedestal mounted at the forward curve on the port bench seat on the deck,just to the left of the companionway.They must have just rested their feet on top of the forward part of the bench.I guess by mounting it to deck they would be able to go below and install a plate for the pedestal base to mount to.
I tried to check some of the old listings on the 31's but could not find the one.
Rjmycock
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cotuit, MA

Post by Rjmycock »

Last year when looking at 31TE's I saw two different boats with mate seats mounted as noted above. Each was mounted in the same place and did allow access to the engine compartment, each were some what easily removed too.
Ronald Mycock
Cotuit, MA
JDowns
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gig Harbor

Post by JDowns »

Ours has one. It's nice to have an extra set of eyes forward with as much debris as there is in our area. The configuration is a bit tight with the companionway and the bench, but it works. We tried taking it down and putting the table back up, but switched back after a couple of days of cruising. I'll try to dig up a photo. What's funny is I thought the configuration was standard...
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I would really like to see photos of this setup. I have not seen a 31 with the seat yet. That is the one big drawback for us.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”