• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

cup and rod holders

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

cup and rod holders

Post by Serenity »

I purchased these products from Seasucker and they work great. The grab handle on the right is great for pulling up a full bodied able seaman (250 pounds worth) up and onto the swim platform. They are all vacum oiperated and come off in a snap
Seasucker.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Re: cup and rod holders

Post by Pasteur »

I use the grab handle on the swim platform, too. I also have a flag staff that is home made and Sea Sucker's overhead rod holders. My plan is to make sure I am happy with the locations and eventually have the all three permanently mounted.

The flag staff mount was fabricated from a 60 deg, 1" stainless bow rail mount with a square base. The holes lined up perfectly with the largest Sea Sucker Cup and it looks pretty good.

For rods my intent is to purchase 2 more suction cups and then fabricate a custom rack to be suspended by all four cups. With the manufacturers' system I can easily get 4 rods with small to medium sized reels. I should be able to at least 4 more in the space over the chair on the port side.

Why 4 cups? In case one releases - the other three will hold up the rods for a short period and the system won't land on someone's head. I've used their system to mount my iPhone and iPad in the car (for navigation programs) and have had some unexpected releases.

Follow the manufacturer's directions, install the protective covers when not in use, and check the orange line regularly.
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Max, The grab handle would work much better for the swim platform if you mounted it on the outside of the transom!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

The seasucker product is not cheap but it sure gives you the opportunity to evaluate different mounting positions. I used the vacuum cup, with an adapter I made to mount my TV antenna, so I can move it around the helm station or mount it to the radar dome. Interesting point about the rods mounted overhead, I will look at that as well.

And for Toy rific, I have long arms. :lol:
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York

Return to “Albin Maintenance”