• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

sticky headliner

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Casco Bay
Mate
Mate

sticky headliner

Post by Casco Bay »

Anyone had their headliners become sticky? I have a 1995 Albin and have washed with soap and water but wonder if the person before used something else. Love to know if anyone has any ideas before I get too aggressive.
Thanks
Casco Bay
Mate
Mate

Re: sticky headliner

Post by Casco Bay »

I should note this is the entire liner not just 1 spot
mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Post by mike66 »

Sorry don't know the solution, but had the same thing happen on our Blackfin. Tried a number of cleaners with no luck. Let us know if you find the answer.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

Post by JIMBO44 »

We closed on Matter of Time 1994 TE with a sticky headliner and were worried about it. A light mixture of Greased Lightning (Lowes) and a clean set of old towels solved the problem, the Admiral said that someone used the wrong stuff to polish/soften it.
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Ron »

A fellow boater on the dock had sticky cushions on the helm seating. As the Admiral suggested, he cleaned them with the wrong cleaner. He finally painted them. Sticky gone but doesn't quite look original.
Owner of 28' TE
jruesr
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Matlacha, florida

Post by jruesr »

The only thing I have found to clean sticky vinyl is rubbing alcohol. If you try it do so on a hidden spot as an experiment before going further. I have not used it on a headliner. Mine is not sticky.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”