• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fresh water tank capacity on a 28 TE

Saltdog
First Mate
First Mate

fresh water tank capacity on a 28 TE

Post by Saltdog »

I have all kinds of algae in my fresh water tank & have no idea of how to get it out. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Also does anybody know the tank capacity? If I have to resort to bleach or something else knowing the tank size would help me know how much bleach to add.

Thank you.

TS
><{{{*>
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Re: fresh water tank capacity on a 28 TE

Post by loubennett »

I believe the tank capacity is about 20 gallons and I'm pretty sure it's plastic. It's located under the quarter berth so you can check the material easily. With a plastic tank and your problem, I'd give it a heavy dose of bleach. It shouldn't hurt the tank. You'll probably have to flush it multiple times to clear the algae. When the algae is clear, flush with fresh water until the bleach is no longer noticeable.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Should be a 30 gallon tank plus a 6 gallon water heater for a total of 36 gallons.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

Pictou has the answer for the formula in General discussion section.Check under fresh water odour
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

One source of contamination is the hose you use to fill the tank. It sits on the dock in sunlight and the algae grows inside the hose. I usually take off the nozzle and run the water overboard while pinching it off to stretch the hose. The algae then comes out and the hose is ready to fill the tanks. Even so a capful of bleach to a tank will prevent the problem in the tank. I never drink the ship's water so the bleach does not bother anything.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”