• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Trinity
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Great River, NY

Post by Trinity »

Hello,

My name is Matt and my wife is Joyce. We live in Great River on the South Shore of Long Island, NY. A few years back we did the Great Loop, with our youngest daughter (8 yrs old), on our CHB 42 Present sundeck trawler. After cruising and living aboard for a year, the boat was perfect for our trip. Unfortunately, with almost 5' draft and a cruising speed of 8.5 knots, is is not a great "weekend" boat and limits the distance we can travel, within a week from our home port. We fell in love with the cruising lifestyle and want to do more of it, but will need to be able to get there and back within a reasonable amount of time. The boat must be good as a weekend type boat, be safe in heavy weather/water, be comfortable living aboard for up to 2 weeks and be trailerable (I have an F-350 diesel which, it seems, should be good enough for towing it). After much research, I think the Albin 28 might be the boat for my needs. I am hoping I can get first hand information from actual owners of the Albin 28 who have first hand experience. Also, I have been on the boat on the hard and one in the water, but never underway. If anyone knows where I could rent or charter one, please let me know.

Thank you for your time,
Matt & Joyce
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: New member

Post by DougSea »

Hi Matt and welcome.

We have a number of members on Long Island, I'm sure someone could arrange to take you for a ride.

The 28 is an "oversize" vessel so you'd want to look into what it takes to tow it in NY as far as permitting, time of day, etc.

Good luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “New Member Introductions”