• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

REPOST For Galey

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

REPOST For Galey

Post by jcollins »

I am a newbie here, and the reason is that I am in the market for a boat. The Albin has always
Been a name I liked, and I am now trying to know more about them. Confused covers a good bit
At this point. Mississippi gulf coast/ Ms river delta fishing is my interest. I lean toward a single 6 bta
And worry a bit about the 370 Yanmars with the problems they have had...they seem a bit touchy for what I've been reading.

Considering 28', 32+2, 32', and 35's, but more confused after reading the Albin board comparing the
Different models, so I'm trying to get up to speed.
Galey
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Gulfport

Re: REPOST For Galey

Post by Galey »

Jcollins, thanks for the repost of my post. I'm looking forward to the "Albanite" education.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Galey wrote:Considering 28', 32+2, 32', and 35's
Well that sure makes for some confusion and leaves for a lot of narrowing.. Interesting how you did not mention the single Cummins 31TE, that could be the middle ground of that line-up..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Galey
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Gulfport

Post by Galey »

Rob,

I have not seen the 31'. Thanks for bringing it up. I'll dig up info on that one also. I would suppose that it's much
Like the 32'. As I did say, somewhere in this size group is where I am looking and learning.
HIGHSEASCT
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairfield,CT

Post by HIGHSEASCT »

Last edited by HIGHSEASCT on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Post by Legacy »

I've been lucky to own two models, for 8 years I had a 1994 28te with a Peninsular 300 and now for the past 5 years a 1998 35te w/ twin 370s by Cummins. If you have any specific questions I'm happy to share what I know. The 28 as a terrific boat but a little small for staying aboard more than a few days. The 300 seemed a bit under-powered but it was a durable and steady craft. The 35 is a whole different world and serves us well for longer trips, greater range offers a lot more amenities. For the most part the construction and attention to detail were pretty good on both boats, certainly could have used a bit more refinement and attention to detail in assembly but all those kinks work themselves out. Very happy with both boats.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"

Return to “New Member Introductions”