• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

gray film on windows

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

gray film on windows

Post by amber jj »

My porthole plastic or plexi glass windows have some sort of gray film over them which I can not seem to clean off.The most forward two are the worst.I've tried soap and water,a delime agent, and just good old elbow grease.I don't want to scratch the windows,so I have not used anything abrasive.It may be just old salt spray and being up here in the great lakes I just don't know how to deal with it.Or maybe the previous owner had used some cleaning chemical and etched the glass.The cabin windows have like hard water runs down the glass.Any help would be appreciated.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: gray film on windows

Post by Carl »

I have not tried this myself, but I have seen advertisements on TV for a product that clears up the plastic lens of car headlights. They also turn grey or "fog over" with age. Maybe something like that would work. Can probably find it in Pep Boys or some other automotive supply store.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: gray film on windows

Post by RobS »

Yup, good stuff, used it many times, even after I sold all 9 of my motorcycles.. http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/p ... er-polish/
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “General Discussion”