• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Introduction, Albin 27' FC Aft

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Dave G.
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Palm Harbor, FL

New Member Introduction, Albin 27' FC Aft

Post by Dave G. »

I have a 27' Albin aft cabin cruiser with the 61hp (?) Lehman. I left with the military for over a year or more and put the boat in storage. Well I'm back and before I put her “Bare Necessities” back in the water, I want to take care of some routine maintenance. I already made 1 post earlier this week (prior to reading new members blog) and received a great wealth of information, much appreciated.

I bought my Albin about five years ago. Before that I owned several other boats (Steigercraft, Thompson, Formula, Shamrock and Pursuit) leading up to this one. I know what your thinking but believe me, they were all handyman specials.

I live in Palm Harbor, Florida (Tampa Bay) not to far from the Gulf. So we do a lot of intercoastal island hoping. If you get a chance look up Honeymoon Island / Caladesi State Park. The marina offers overnight boating/camping and it is wonderful. I am originally from Buffalo, NY but left there in early 90's (military transfer) and been moving ever since.

I look forward to retiring from the Army and working back at the VA hosp (RN) and doing a lot of traveling with the boat. The boat's previous owner traveled out of Murrells Inlet, SC and headed south to Key West, then back up the Atlantic Intercoastal to NYC, then thru the Hudson to Erie Canal and then to his home port Vermilion, OH. I traveled up to OH with a truck/trailer and brought it back south. A wild trip that I pray I will never have to do again.

Well sorry for being long winded. Won't happen again. I already retrieved much needed information on my boat and look forward to communicating with you all. If there is anyone in my area getting the boats together, please let me know. I am always in for an adventure.

Dave G.
"Bare Necessities"
Dave G.
“Bare Necessities”
1984 27' Albin
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member Introduction, Albin 27' FC Aft

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to Albin Owners Group.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Post by JFOkie »

Dave,

Congratulations on your near retirement from the Army. I retired 3 1/2 years ago (Army too) and purchased an Albin 27 FC last December. Although I'm not retired - retired, I'm having a great time on the boat and hope to do the ICW before I get too old.....

This is a great group, I have already learned a lot about the Albin, maintenance, and it's a lot of fun reading some of the stories.

FYI, the AOG hats are very cool!

Regards,
John
"Nirvana"
Dave G.
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Palm Harbor, FL

Post by Dave G. »

Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to finding out more info about my Albin. Since my boat is in storage still, I will be taking this weekend and itemizing all the things that need to be done prior to putting it back in the water. I've already been reading the past threads and writing down pearls of wisdom. Besides here in Florida the weather is not favorable for boaters this weekend.

Oh and yes the hats look great ! I was checking them out earlier. I plan on getting a hat and flag soon. I need to learn a little more with navigating the website first. I would like to get them prior to putting the boat back in the water.

Dave
Dave G.
“Bare Necessities”
1984 27' Albin

Return to “New Member Introductions”