• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albinless

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Albinless

Post by jprohan »

Well after 22 years our beloved "Catherine" (32 Sportfish) has been sold and now is docked in Portland, ME. We have been back and forth to FL; to the Bahamas several times; and to the FL Keys with her...many miles under the keel. So for the first time in 35 years, we were boatless...that lasted a whole 10 days; as I had my eye on a 25' Rosborough, which we have purchased. Now I can trailer the boat to different locations (Erie Canal; Chesapeake etc); plop her in, and cruise on. We will miss the space and storage on Cathy; but my new philosophy is "don't buy the biggest boat you can afford; buy the smallest boat you can be comfortable in." I hope this one fits the bill.
I also got tired of inboard engines; altho my Cummins diesel was awesome. It's all those bothersome parts that are annoying and expensive...heat exchanges, risers, coolers, etc etc. Now that I have twin 4 stroke outboards; I'm sure I'll NEVER have any problems. Yeah right. Anyway, have enjoyed the AOG and will continue to peek in from time to time.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Albinless

Post by Nancy »

Jim,

Congratulations on the Rosborough! I know that was your dream...glad you made it happen so fast.

As for the size, we're facing the same adjustment (32' Trojan FB to 28' Albin TE). I looked at the stuff we took off the Albin, cut it in half, and then chopped another third off that.

Let us know if you head in our direction.

Nancy
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Albinless

Post by jcollins »

jprohan wrote:Well after 22 years our beloved "Catherine" (32 Sportfish) has been sold and now is docked in Portland, ME. We have been back and forth to FL; to the Bahamas several times; and to the FL Keys with her...many miles under the keel. So for the first time in 35 years, we were boatless...that lasted a whole 10 days; as I had my eye on a 25' Rosborough, which we have purchased. Now I can trailer the boat to different locations (Erie Canal; Chesapeake etc); plop her in, and cruise on. We will miss the space and storage on Cathy; but my new philosophy is "don't buy the biggest boat you can afford; buy the smallest boat you can be comfortable in." I hope this one fits the bill.
I also got tired of inboard engines; altho my Cummins diesel was awesome. It's all those bothersome parts that are annoying and expensive...heat exchanges, risers, coolers, etc etc. Now that I have twin 4 stroke outboards; I'm sure I'll NEVER have any problems. Yeah right. Anyway, have enjoyed the AOG and will continue to peek in from time to time.
jprohan,
Thanks for being a supporting member for the last two years. Check the members map when you travel around with that nice boat. Let me know when you are on the Chesapeake.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”