• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

lehman diesel 62 hp

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Vic K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Houston

lehman diesel 62 hp

Post by Vic K »

Anyone know where I can get a manual for a lehman 62 hp its in a 1984 Albin 27 crusier? I also need infor as to a boat manual. Just aquired this vessel and it needs a bit of work.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: lehman diesel 62 hp

Post by hetek »

Hey Capt'n -

I just answered this in the "new member" post you made - sorry I didn't see this post here yet. A PDF manual for the engine is in the "document library".

BTW - To become a "supporting member" like I mentioned in the other post, you just have to buy something like a hat, burgee, or can cozie/coolie... you know, one of those foam sleeve thingies for your can of beverage.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

hetek wrote:...or can cozie/coolie... you know, one of those foam sleeve thingies for your can of beverage.
As far as I can tell, it only works on beer cans.. :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

Ah... My favorite "adult beverage"! Guess I left out the word "adult".

Now we have to see if Mr Collins can get the extra large size to fit the Fosters oil cans!

And no, I'm not talking "oil" here. :)
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

hetek wrote:Ah... My favorite "adult beverage"! Guess I left out the word "adult".

Now we have to see if Mr Collins can get the extra large size to fit the Fosters oil cans!

And no, I'm not talking "oil" here. :)
Ok, You like an adult beverage (+) you live in Southold (=) You must have had a few at Sophie's, and a pizza or two..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

Wow Rob!

Blast from the past! Wasn't Sophie's that bar/restaurant/someone's house that is on Main Bayview? It's been so long...

In the '80's I used to work as a marine mechanic at Ulrich Marine (now Southold Marine Center) just at the fork in the road between Main Bayview and the Main Rd. I was their new boat rigger for Boston Whalers, Chapparal and Penn Yans. That place was a stone's throw away after work.

If that's the place... No, don't have a clue what you're talkin' about! ;)
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

That's the one, had many laughs there. She made a mean pizza, but only if she felt like it, if she was in a cranky mood you'd be lucky to get a beer out of her and not told to get out. :evil: If it was still around as it was back then it would be a perfect reality show in these days of too many reality-everything shows. I googled it and came up with a for sale listing for the property, here it is, this is sure to refreshment your memory.

And yes that's Southold Marine Ctr. I used to mate on a dive charter boat and the capt. bought a new World Cat there about 10 years ago. I used to love taking customers out on the cat hull for the first time, get to the first turn and everyone expects the boat to lean in to the turn but it does the opposite and everone's knocked onto thier ass. I do remember that place when it was the Whaler dealer when I was a kid and going there with my father.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

Yup! That's the place! Like I said: "...someone's house". I can't tell you how many times I drove past it and didn't even know it was a bar/restaurant! It looked like all the other houses around it.

CaptVic? You there still? Hope we didn't hijack your thread too much by trippin' down memory lane here. It was boating related... somewhat...

If you have questions about the mighty Lehman 4D61, just throw it out there. I may have "been there, done that", but I'm far from an expert on it. As far as a boat manual goes, I don't think there was one, although I've found several versions of the sales brochure on the web.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
Vic K
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Vic K »

No hijack. Just got back in after a trip to the coast on a completely different project, getting a boat ready to take to Roatan. We were suppose to leave this month but now delayed until November.
As I said on the other site I'm looking foward to this project. Believe me I'll need a lot of advice. This will be my fourth rebuild but they are all different.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

CaptVic wrote:No hijack. Just got back in after a trip to the coast on a completely different project, getting a boat ready to take to Roatan. We were suppose to leave this month but now delayed until November.
As I said on the other site I'm looking foward to this project. Believe me I'll need a lot of advice. This will be my fourth rebuild but they are all different.
Did a small delay turn into a long delay due to letting the hurricane season pass? What a trip that has to be, hope you have some dive gear aboard..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Vic K
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Vic K »

Thanks Robs,
The delay is due to the boat not being ready due to a lot of changes, additions and updates. It should be ready by June and yes that's getting into storm season. So we are going to do some sea tests and tweak all the new gear and plan to leave in November when the northers start. Yes there will be dive gear aboard. The boat will live in Roatan.
Looking forward to hearing from the Albineers on my 27fc project. Like I said I need all the help I can get.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”