• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hoping to be cruising

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SEWARD

Hoping to be cruising

Post by AKDW »

I just joined because I am thinking about buying an Albin 27 Family Cruiser. This is a good place for research. I am a long time Alaskan with lost of time on the water.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Hoping to be cruising

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to Albin Owners Group. I went fishing up your way many years ago. Best ever.
Thanks for becoming a supporting member.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

AKDW: Welcome aboard. Nice to have another westcoast member. There are some nice 27 Classic Albin's around forsale. Are you award of the Yahoo albin group? There is at least one nice reasonably priced 27' forsale right now. I think most of the 25 & 27's are towable which is great. You may have noticed the AOG MEMBERS have a forsale section. Do take a look at both sites. I think most of the Yahoo Albin Cruiser's are either 25 o 27's so it is a great site to watch as an interested buyer.

PAC NW AOG is working on a Rendezvous for July or Aug at Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes, Wa. Likely will be a 27 there from Seattle. There are great accomdation's nearby so if you are planning or can plan such a trip we would love to have you.

I expect Dave K will post date in a couple weeks.

whwells "Howard"
35te Sportfisher Conv.
Anacortes, Wa.
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AKDW »

The boat I;m looking at is in Anacortes; I was just there last week. great town and harbor.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

AKDW: Small world indeed. I am located at Anacortes Marina. Will be flying up next Thur. to Bellingham and over to the boat until Mon early return. Will you be back in the area?

Maybe we can get you to stay in the area long enough for the Rendezvous this summer. If you expect to be back in the area send me a private message for contact info.

whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
Anacortes, Wa.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

AKDW: There is a really nice looking 27 Albin forsale on the Yahoo Albin Cruiser's group. Just came across the picture of it today. Seller and owner is Micheal Puig. Don't know where it is located but mostly likely in the east. One very long way back to Alaska even when towable. Still you may want to look at the photos as the boat is impressive.

The Anacortes 27' sounds more feasoble. What was its condition?

whwellls "Howard"
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AKDW »

Nice boat in Anacortes "Sea Raven" and there is a nice looking boat in Juneau "Willet".
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AKDW »

Just put the first payment on the Willet a 27 foot family Cruiser. I'll load a picture when I figure out how. I'm looking at ideas to put heat in the fore and aft cabins.
The boat should be in Seward by mid April.
brionkerlin
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Saint Petersburg, FL

Post by brionkerlin »

Don't know if you have found your Albin yet, but I believe mine is currently the best buy on the market. I have looked at comparables on Bottraderon line and Yachtworld and ads in this formum. My ad is currently in the forum in the boats for sale section. Regards. Brion
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AKDW »

Willet is going to be a good boat i think.

Return to “New Member Introductions”