• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bilge Pump Burns Up

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: Bilge Pump Burns Up

Post by joe.baar »

Roland,
I just removed a 2-piece non-structural plywood partition between my engine and battery "compartments". As far as I can tell the partition's only purpose was to provide backing for noise insulation and make it impossible to access the forward end of the tranny. When I run the boat in a week or two I'll find out if the insulating effect was really useful, or not. I sort of doubt it.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Post by rcornejo »

Thanks Joe,

I was glad to hear that it was not a serious things. Although I love my Albin, I have had a lot of stuff go wrong in a very short time. There will not be much left to do after a while! LOL
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Here is the picture of the pump that burned up. Most of it is ok with the exception of the motor. If anyone knows the model, please let me know.

thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hi Roland,

Going by the picture I'd say this is your pump: http://www.pumpvendor.com/Jabsco_36680-20xx_series.html

And this is the parts list: http://www.pumpvendor.com/Jabsco_36680-2000_parts.html

Looks like a new motor will set you back just over $100. A whole pump is over $400.00!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the link and information on the pump. We ordered the motor today and should have it by early next week. The only good thing about having problems with your boat is that you learn a lot from it. I did not understand much about motors; but I do now! LOL Thanks for helping me out again. If I ever do get to meet you in person, drinks are on me! :D
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE

Return to “Albin Maintenance”