• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Source of Swim Platform-Albin 24 Getaway

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

isshoni
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Horseshoe Bay British Columbia Canada

Source of Swim Platform-Albin 24 Getaway

Post by isshoni »

Looking for a swim platform for a 1999 Albin 24 Getaway as shown in the attached photo. Does any member have any idea where my wife and I might find either a new or used one?
1999 Albin 24 Getaway.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Source of Swim Platform-Albin 24 Getaway

Post by N4QC »

You may want to re-post your question in the A25/A27 forum as that is where most of the "Getaway" posts are located.

I'll keep an eye out for a swim platform - there were but a limited number of "Getaway" vessels produced. Think the number was 48 which included both the 24 and 27 foot models...

Happy searching...
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I suspect you will have to have one custom made if a 'make do' cannot be found.

The 24 Getaway was a very short run production boat. Too bad as it is a very clever design.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

I had one custom made in Thiland by a expat named Pete. I was cheap and shipped into Baltimore which is close for me. info@thaiteakmarine.com There are also used and salvage shops in Fla that may have something for you. Google marine salvage parts and see what you find.
rkeim
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

Post by rkeim »

I am with a company in Phoenix, AZ named Swim Platforms Inc. and found this discussion while looking for info on the 1999 24 Getaway. We have a pattern for the 1999 platform and I am trying to confirm the other years this model was built. A previous discussion I found says this model was built from 92-96. Was the boat discontinued after 96, then re-introduced later? Or is the 99 model a different hull design than the 92-96?

Return to “General Discussion”