• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members; 16 yr owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

New members; 16 yr owner

Post by Sanatee »

We bought Sanatee, our 32+2 new in 1996, but for some reason never got hooked up with AOG. Well now that will change! We live in Solomon Island MD on the western shore of the Chesapeake, and keep the boat on a lift at our pier. We've cruised the bay from the Sassafras R. to Norfolk and James R. We also fish the middle part of the bay.

Look forward to sharing on AOG and plan to register for this year's rendezvous at Knapps Narrows. :D
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Re: New members; 16 yr owner

Post by loubennett »

Mike & Carol, hope we see you at the rendezvous. Knapps Narrows Marina is holding space for us until the end of April. Call them directly to make reservations. The number can be found in the rendezvous forum. Look forward to seeing you.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I think I have seen Sanatee in our travels. Welcome to Albin Owners Group.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Tuxedo »

Sanatee was the first production "+2". Unfortunately, Albin did not tell the dealer, me, or the customers, Mike and Carol, of the change until we saw it at the factory and all said "what the heck", or words to that effect.

Glad it worked out for you.
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

Post by Sanatee »

Tuxedo wrote:Sanatee was the first production "+2". Unfortunately, Albin did not tell the dealer, me, or the customers, Mike and Carol, of the change until we saw it at the factory and all said "what the heck", or words to that effect.

Glad it worked out for you.
Hi Tom

It's great to hear from you! Your memory is great....I almost mentioned the "first production +2"! It did turn out well, but if Albin had more customer friendly they might still be in business! The boat has been great. Only major problem was with Cummins when a fresh water hose blew and alarm system didn't work until too late. Resulted in a recon engine sooner than expected.
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Mike and Carol: Welcome to AOG at last. Sounds like you two are the proud original owner's of a first production model. That is very special in my mind. The 32 + 2 has always been a very appealing boat.
Enjoy your eastern group and the next rendenvous there.
Our little NW Group is trying to get our first Rendevous on the water or off the ground. Our group leader is doing a good job.
Have a great summer.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
Anacortes, Wa.

Return to “New Member Introductions”