• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

just joined

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
sandylee
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

just joined

Post by sandylee »

Hello All,

New to the group, happy to be here. I was cruising the Albin sight and came across a question about how many Albin 36 ET's were built. And the last one built was pointed out as "Barbara G". True, and she's mine. She's now called the Sandy Lee (and yes, we did the naming ceremony, a story in itself), documented out of Warren, RI. Bought her in Annapolis from the original owners in July 2008 (she was also the Annapolis Boat Show Boat in 2004). Upgraded from my 28 TE. Early spring this year in the northeast, let's get wet, happy cruising to all!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: just joined

Post by whwells »

Welcome to AOG. Kind of speicial to have the last run of anything. In cars and I suppose boats as well it can add value to classic people. Anyway, the 36' is a really nice and confrontable boat. Summer is nearly here - we can all get a littlle splash now.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35Te Sportfisher/Conv.
Anacortes, Wa.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to Albin Owners Group! Don't you remember that we waved to you in 2008 when you were on the Chesapeake? :lol:
(and yes, we did the naming ceremony, a story in itself),
Fill us in...
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
sandylee
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by sandylee »

Thanks, jcollins and whwells. I appreciate the welcome. Jcollins, apologies, don't remember the wave exactly, but was it a several miles north of the Bay Bridge, about 15:30 or so? Perhaps off of Baltimore Harbor in the middle fo the Bay? Beautiful Thursday afternoon, we were making about 15 kts to the C + D canal to lay over for the night. 10 gals per hour as it turned out, how crazy is that? I'll get the hang of the private chat thing and let you know that the naming ceremony REALLY HAS TO BE FOLLOWED! No damage, no loss of life, but a real believer I am. Regards.

Return to “New Member Introductions”