• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Florida East Coast 32+2

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
captankirk
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Plantation, FL

Florida East Coast 32+2

Post by captankirk »

New member here. we live in FLL and are looking for the "next and last" boat. planning on doing the great loop and spending more time living on than off. Saw a 32+2 go by while we were at dock on our current boat, and it looked like the perfect compromise to my wants and needs (capable of being a liveaboard for extended period of time, set up for fishing and cruising, permanent state room berth) and the first mate's same (her biggest criteria was the large cockpit). However, there are still some unknowns. is there anyone in the group that lives in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami/WPB area that has a 32+2 (any year) that would be willing to provide a tour for a propective Albin owner? I'll bring the beer.

thanks in advance.
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Re: Florida East Coast 32+2

Post by Al O Fish Us »

Why not drive over to the Florida Rendezvous! There will be 30 Albums there and several will be like what your looking for. Who knows-one of them might be for sale!
captankirk
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Plantation, FL

Post by captankirk »

I thought about that cause I did see that there were going to be a couple of 32+2's there, but unfortunately I have this desease that lasts 40 + hours a week called a JOB. the harbor is a good 2 hours from where i work, so that's a no go for the week days.

hopefully someone on this coast will eventually see my note and volunteer a tour. we are not in any kind of hurry. purchase is still down the road some. I'm just trying to make sure this is the boat we want before i start getting serious about looking for one for sale. if for whatever reason we decide we need something different based on our tour, then we'll start looking in that direction instead. i'm sticking with what we have now for the time being (small cruiser that's good for about a week, no more).

Thanks for the thought though. hope you and all the others have a great time and the redezvous.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I don't know about using a 32 for fulltime but is makes for a great extended cruiser. At 115gal it carries more fresh water than a Grand Banks 36, about the same as many 40'ers. It is an easy boat to live with. I call it a mans boat on the outside but a womans boat on the inside.

There are quite a few pics of mine in the photo section here. They really did not change much from 1995 onwards.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “New Member Introductions”