• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Explorer 28TE moving to Osterville, MA

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Michael @ Maine
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Heron Way Marina, Essex Ma

Explorer 28TE moving to Osterville, MA

Post by Michael @ Maine »

Hello all and Happy New Year,

I am looking for a place to keep Explorer for 2012 in the Osterville, MA area. Can anyone give me a suggestions, I prefer a mooring over slip and prefer Nantucket side to Boston side.

My first calls to marinas in the area have not been very fruitful, seems there are not a lot of moorings or slips available in the area, any suggestions or "sublet" that might be out there would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MM
Rjmycock
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cotuit, MA

Re: Explorer 28TE moving to Osterville, MA

Post by Rjmycock »

MM...I live in Cotuit a village next to Osterville, you will have difficulty finding dockage and moorings in this area. There are two Marinas in Osterville Oyster Harbors Marine and Crosby Yacht Yard. I would suggest you try both of them if you haven't already. The Town strictly controls moorings and I don't think it is possible to rent for a whole summer. Crosby Yacht could explain the possibilities to you, good luck.
Ronald Mycock
Cotuit, MA
Capeandisland
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cape Cod, MA

Post by Capeandisland »

there is actually a third as well, Nauticus Marina. small place and quite expensive. you could check with the falmouth harbor masters office for moorings in Waquoit Bay. not the closest to you, but maybe the quickest solution
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Cotuit or Osterville is expensive and usually tough to find openings.

Edward's Boat Yard on the Mashpee/Falmouth line has just been bought by Bosun's, a very good outfit.
I would expect some turnover, but act NOW! It's only a 15-20 minute drive.
Also, keep a very close eye, at least twice a week, on craigslist under Cape Cod "boating". Private owners have started to advertise available dockage. You might find what you are looking for........
All 14 harbors in Falmouth have waiting lists for moorings. You might try Waquiot Yacht Club, they might have some moorings.
I'll keep a lookout in the Waquoit area (perfect for boating).
Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha
Capeandisland
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cape Cod, MA

Post by Capeandisland »

if you are interested in Falmouth, i know that last year, there were slips available at the falmouth town docks all season and i was just contacted a two weeks ago by the gentleman that owns/operates the slips in front of the flying bridge rest. as he has openings he is looking to fill.

Return to “General Discussion”